Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pickle Something

I love pickles, so when I saw big bunches of fresh dill at the store today, I knew that I would be checking another task off of my list. The pickling process isn't completely finished, but I would call this task complete. I just have to wait two days to eat them!

Let me introduce you to our pickling players:
This is minced garlic. You'll need about two cloves.
This is a small canning jar. Go Ball State!
These are small pickling cucmbers cut in half, about a dozen.
This is yummy, yummy fresh dill.
This is pickling brine. It is just 3 cups of water, 6 tbsp white vinegar, and 2 tbsp kosher salt.
Here we go:
Step One: Place a bunch of dill in the bottom of the jar.
Step Two: Cram as many of those cucumbers in the jar.
You may have to trim a few of them to get them to fit.
Step Three: Fill with brine.
Step Four: Top with garlic.
Step Five: Put the lid on.
Step Six: This is the hardest step.
Place in fridge and wait for two days.

No comments: